[mythtv-users] hard disk died ... how to delete all recordings from the db? (which mysql tables to trunctate)

David George david at thegeorges.us
Mon Mar 10 14:58:58 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 09:42 AM, Ma Begaj wrote:
> hi,
>
> my hard disk died yesterday while watching "two and a half men" :). I
> just heard a few "click" sounds from the hdd in the mythbox and
> mythfrontend stopped responding a few seconds later. instead of trying
> to save data with "dd" or something else over ssh, I rebooted ...
> xfs_repair cannot do anything (cannot find superblock, and it quits
> with some "fatal error") .. If you have some kind of advice for me ...
> I accept everything :)
>
> it was Samsung 500GB, 4-5 months old ... so be careful when you get
> your new hdd :)
>
> I am getting a new hdd today/tommorow and I would like to delete all
> recordings from the database which was on another hdd. And I don't
> want to delete them with my remote or from mythweb because there a
> 200-300 hundred recordings in the database.
>
> which mysql do I have to truncate to delete all recordings? I do NOT
> want to delete my recording rules.

You may be interested in this message which is similar to what you are
asking:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/316769#316769

I had the same thing happen here and used myth.find_orphans.pl in the
contrib directory.  However it didn't allow me to set the programs to
re-record in case they come on again so I added a rerecord option to
it.  Here is a link to the patch:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4677

This has actually been added to the latest trunk (after the .21 release
so it is not in .21).

HTH,
David