[mythtv-users] TV playback options on 0.21

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Mon Mar 10 03:45:58 UTC 2008

Scott Traurig <straurig at comcast.net> says:
> I've been using 0.21 build 15xxx (can't remember exactly which) for
> a while on Gutsy/Nvidia 6xxx environment with DVI out to a Philips
> 1080p LCD and my recommendation would be to blow off the canned
> settings and make a custom one.

As I describe at
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/315909#315909>,
I also use a 6xxx card with a 1080p display.

> 3. Bob (2x) is by far the best deinterlacer with the sharpest playback and
> the least amount of artifact.

Wonderful, ain't it? I've said it before and I'll say it again: Better
than settop-box output.

> This "bob" is minimized by going the opengl route.

Your frontend is faster than my Pentium 4 3.0GHz; mine can't use the
OpenGL renderer.

> 5. None of the "HW" deinterlace settings that become available with
> Standard/opengl work. I wonder if this is expected?

This is because your 6xxx, like mine, is too slow. A pity, because
from what I hear Yadif and Greedy are *better* than Bob.

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array