[mythtv-users] Help With Custom Record Rule Syntax

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Sat Mar 8 19:17:35 UTC 2008

I am currently using 0.20.2 from Gentoo's portage system.  The system
status screen shows the Myth version as "0.20.20070821-1".

Back some time ago, Bruce Markey posted an idea for a custom recording
rule marked as 'inactive' to alert one to upcoming new shows.  My
version of the rule is this:

HOUR(program.starttime) >= 19

AND
HOUR(program.starttime) < 23

AND
program.previouslyshown = 0

AND
channel.callsign IN ("KCRA", "KQCA", "KXTV", "KOVR", "KMAX", "KXTL")

AND
    ((program.title LIKE '%Pilot%'
     OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Pilot%'
     OR program.description LIKE '%Pilot%')
  OR
     (program.title LIKE '%Premiere%'
     OR program.subtitle LIKE '%Premiere%'
     OR program.description LIKE '%Premiere%'))

As I recall, this used to work.  But then I realized that I wasn't
seeing some of the new spring series so I started investigating.  I
found that within the mythfrontend custom rule interface, clicking the
"Test" button returns "No listings found for this program".

Next I tried the query using MySQL directly.  This query produced 4
results.  The specific SQL and results are posted here:

http://drew.mykitchentable.net/Temp/query1.html

It appears the different results between the frontend and directly
accessing MySQL are because the frontend only shows results newer than
"now".

After some poking around, I found that removing the 'channel.callsign
IN' line returns results when testing from mythfrontend returns 15
results.  I don't know of a good way to post those.  However the results
of a direct MySQL query are posted here:

http://drew.mykitchentable.net/Temp/query2.html

The intent of the line "AND channel.callsign IN ("KCRA", "KQCA", "KXTV",
"KOVR", "KMAX", "KXTL")" is to limit the results to the regular network
stations I receive in my area.  I don't want to know about "pilots" or
"premieres" of reruns on the many other stations I receive via DirecTV.
What is the correct SQL statement to limit these results?

Thanks for your help,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!