[mythtv-users] cable lineup change question

David Shay david at shay.net
Sat Mar 8 16:03:33 UTC 2008

My cable company is about to drastically change their lineup.
Normally,  I don't think this would be a problem, but I think I have a
few unique circumstances.  I am using Schedules Direct. I have 2 video
sources sharing one lineup at SD.  One video source is used for
connecting a cable box via s-video to an PVR-500.  The other is used for
an HDHomerun.  Because of this, I always run mythfilldatabase with
--remove-new-channels, otherwise I am in a world of hurt. If it matters,
I also had to create all the dtv* entries by hand since the scanner
didn't work.

I realize there are two scenarios here.  In one, they move all the QAM
stuff around, and in the other they don't.  What's the best path forward
in either case?