[mythtv-users] Myth Jabber bot

Ian Barton lists at manor-farm.org
Sat Mar 8 07:58:22 UTC 2008

> On 03/07/2008 01:47 PM, Ian Barton wrote:
>> Over the last couple of days I have put together a very simple jabber
>> bot. It's designed to do a few simple things to let me check on my Myth
>> box via my mobile phone:
>>
> Is it, by any chance, using the Python bindings?  IMH(non-developer)O,
> we should refrain from accepting Perl/Python scripts for contrib if they
> do not use the Perl/Python bindings.
>
> I don't know the current state of the Python bindings to know whether
> they are sufficiently usable to require their use for Python scripts or
> whether they require some additional work before that's feasible.  As
> for the Perl bindings, though, they are definitely sufficiently usable
> in 0.21-fixes/trunk to require their use in scripts.
>
> Mike
ATM some of the code accesses the db directly. I wasn't able to find any
documentation on the python bindings. All my code does is to send an sql
query to the backend and manipulate the results. I'll look at the source
of the python bindings and if I can use them instead, I'll change my
code accordingly.

Ian.