[mythtv-users] Live TV with multiple tuners

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 00:06:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Justin <luitjens at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> When changing channels in large tv using channel up and channel down it
>  will only cycle through channels that exist on the current tuner.  Is
>  there a way to make it cycle through channels that exist on all tuners?
>  This is an issue when I have multiple sources with different channels
>  and i'd like to be able to surf on live tv and see what is on without
>  worrying about which tuner i'm on.

I believe that if you use 'browse' mode -- i.e. the program guide,
you'll see all the channels you have. When you select one Myth will
use the first available tuner that has access to that channel.

But it seems to me the job of a PVR is to do away with
channel-flipping, particularly given how slow digital systems are to
change channels combined with the additional lag from how 'Live' in
Myth is really a recording. It takes 3-5 seconds to manually change a
channel for me, and I gather that that's about standard.