[mythtv-users] iMac as possible Frontend?

Simon Allcorn simon.allcorn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 14:55:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I currently have 2 imac (1x G3 400Mhz - free, 1x G3 500Mhz - 50 quid from
fleabay) and am trying to get them working as myth frontends. I've not
managed to do it yet, but mainly because ubuntu has a kernel option turned
on that caused gcc to segfault (and the pre-built frontends too). So now I'm
trying  to get fredora running and will let you know how I get on. I'm going
on the same theory as Sarah above  - if it can play DVDs it should be able
to play standard def DVB feeds.

My other frontend is an xbox (still work in progress)

Simon