[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Fri Mar 7 11:29:21 UTC 2008

>  One other suggestion is the output file name. Currently it's the Title
>  - Description.mp4 which *might* break with UTF-8 characters and will
>  definitely start trouncing on previously recorded files if you have
>  generic subtitles like I've been getting recently with The Simpsons,
>  Colbert Report, Daily Show, etc. I only noticed because the first one
>  I tried is named "The Colbert Report - Untitled.mp4" and I thought,
>  "Ut oh. I guess this one goes away tomorrow night." :)
>
>  I'm hacking up my copy to include the chanid and starttime in the
>  output name.

I just uploaded version 0.07 to
http://wiki.jeffornot.com/index.php/Video2ipod

New features:
- Commercial cutting with mythtranscode. Very primitive right now, but
it does work.
- minor bug fixes
- added in template output filenames

The template output filenames are cool. You need to define a
video2ipodrc file and include a line like the following in it:

$template = '{$chanid}-{$starttime}.mp4';
$template = '{$title} - {$subtitle}.mp4';

So far only {$chanid}, {$starttime}, {$title}, and {$subtitle} are
included, but any other variable is available as well. Possible
additional templated items:
- title all in lowercase
- title with no spaces
- same as first two, but with subtitle
- "title - subtitle" if subtitle exists, otherwise "title"

This will all need quite a bit of cleanup still, but for now it's
working. Comments and bug reports welcome still! (podcast support
still in the works)

 - Jeff

Going to test 0.7 out now.
I just finished encoding with 0.6 and it didn't work that great..
The I encoded an HD (720p) show. The show was 1 hour 9 mins and 55 seconds
long.
The video conversion processed fine and it even stayed in the 16:9 format.
It is the audio that is screwy.
At the beginning the audio seems fine althou it is out of sync by a few
milliseconds. That's fine, I can work with that.
At 28 mins 22 seconds the audio suddenly it starts going double time, or
faster, and it sounds like I'm watching an old chipmunks show. But it is way
too fast to actually pick out the words. And, due to the faster audio, the
audio stream stops at 42 mins 12 seconds.
Through all of this the video came out crystal clear. If we can figure out
this audio issue this script will be sweet.

The command I used is as follows:
video2ipod.pl -force16 -threads 2 -myth -tvdotcom -chanid 2825 -starttime
20080304205500 -log /tmp/video2ipod.log -type h264 -verbose -debug -output
/record/working

I'm not sure how fully tested the multiple threads option is, so on my new
test I'll go back to 1 thread.

Marc