[mythtv-users] Blank screen after 2 hours.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 04:44:35 UTC 2008

System info:
F8/Gnome/Myth 0.20.2
Nvidia 169 drivers w/ GeForce 6200 AGP.

I've got the screen saver disabled, and the screen blanking set to
"never" in the power management applet. I'm also using Jarod's script
for starting Myth so I'm setting xset -dmps and xset s off. After
about two hours of doing anything without some sort of input from the
remote the screen will blank. Previously pressing Return, which maps
to 'Esc' in lirc would always wake it up but at some point it looks
like an update changed this now it's 1 in 10. Currently I have to open
the cabinet and press a keyboard or mouse button which is a pain.

Anyone have any ideas what would cause this? I've tried scanning
through the X log because I remember having an issue with the legacy
driver overriding the DMPS setting but can't find that anywhere in the
log of the current version other than it loading the module. Does
disabled using xset?

Thanks,
Richard