[mythtv-users] It's over, the RIAA is toast

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Mar 5 16:42:37 UTC 2008

> I whole-heartedly disagree with the RIAA tactics in trying to sue the
> listeners, but I also whole-heartedly agree the RIAA needs to exist. I want
> to know their lawyers are available in case someone tries to pass off one of
> my songs as their own or covers one of my songs and forgets to pay me. I
> know I don't have the money to fight that in court.

Don't delude yourself into thinking you'd benefit. Even if there were
any money left over after the legal costs, don't presume they wouldn't
find some create way to avoid handing it over to you. With all the
money that's come from all of the RIAA lawsuits, just take a guess at
how much of that money has gone to the artists. Go ahead, I'll give
you a minute to think about it................

ZERO. They've been getting called out on it too, so now their creative
response is "well, were trying to figure out some way to distribute
the money". They've been filing these lawsuits for YEARS and yet they
still can't come up with some way to compensate the artists with the
proceeds. Somehow, I think they are being less than honest.

--
Ron