[mythtv-users] Videos not playing in full screen

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Wed Mar 5 06:58:55 UTC 2008

>     So, not knowing what changes may have happened, how do i find
>     out? Where do i start to look?
>
>     Also, it seems like x is fine cause the mythtv menus fill the
>     screen, it's just the playback that is not filling the screen. I
>     tried overscanning by all the way up to 10% (from the mythtv
>     setting), and it didn't change at all.
>
>     Any ideas?
>     -Thanks
>     -Steve

It depends on your distro, but I'd assume most of the automated updater
ones keep a log somewhere in /var/log, possibly with a self explanitory
name.

Also worth looking in /etc/X11 and seeing if there is an xorg.conf.bak
in there with a recent date stamp.

As an alternate, if you could get a terminal open and manually run
mplayer <video file> to see if the same weirdness happens.

As to why... did anyone else make use of the system before you got
home?  Likley suspects include partner, child, pets sitting on the remote.

Sarah