[mythtv-users] Easiest way to upgrade to new hardware and software

Jonathan Black jblack2 at smartertek.net
Wed Mar 5 05:45:28 UTC 2008

I'm currently looking at moving my Myth system from Debian and version
.20.2007821 (I think it is an SVN Debian packaged version that came out
to allow Myth to run on Schedulesdirect.org) to a completely new system
running the latest version of Mythbuntu and Myth (With different tuners
too). Does anyone have any suggestions on easy ways to make this upgrade?

I can copy the files by myself, but the database is where I'm thinking
it is going to take a quite a bit of work. The only pieces of the
database I care about copying are the previously recorded shows, the
currently scheduled recordings(Though I suppose I could go ahead and
punch these all in myself), and the current recordings on the system.

Jonathan