[mythtv-users] new video2ipod script released!

Greg Mitchell greg at nodecam.com
Wed Mar 5 03:39:48 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Ok, so it appears that iTunes doesn't like the fact that the feed
> created has a blank line before the xml declaration. Lame. Also, I
> *think* it's complaining about the .php extension. Lame again. Also,
> the file names aren't URL-encoded so the feed that is created points
> to invalid URL's unless I pre-process the video file names, but then
> my feed displays with URL-encoded names for all my videos. Lame thrice.

I hadn't tried subscribing to my rss feeds from itunes previously, but
when I just tried it, it worked fine.

As to URL encoding - I name my files in url-safe ways
(The_Daily_Show_2008-03-04.MP4) and ITunes seems to pick it up ok.
Admittedly I don't encode all of my recordings in PSP format.

I'd have a look at your php files to make sure there's no blank lines at
the start or end of any of the files (outside of the <?php ?> tags)  It
seems like there's something inherently wrong with one of the two files.

The php extension doesn't faze my iTunes - could your apache config be
serving up the page with the wrong mime type?  Does Firefox identify it
as an RSS feed?

Greg