[mythtv-users] Lacking TV signal

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:24:18 UTC 2008

On 05/03/2008, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> Nick Morrott skrev:
>
> > On 04/03/2008, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
>  >
>  > <snipped log>
>  >
>  >>  But 1time pr 2minuts - the Signal Freezes - for 2-3 sec and then
>  >>  continues ??
>  >>
>  >>  What can that be - and what can I do to solve this problem!
>  >>
>  >
>  > Are there any ivtv messages in the syslog (DMA issues maybe)? Perhaps
>  > you could bring up a terminal and run 'top' whilst recording to see
>  > what your system load is doing.
>  >

> No errors in syslog at all with anything that have somthing to do with
>  MythTV on the backend Machine
>
> > Are your MythTV database and recording directory located on the same partition?
>  >
>  >

> No. I have a root partition for OS sys, and mounted 3 different discs in
>  /storage --> music,movies and records.
>  So they shouldn't be bothering each other?

In that case, it's much less likely you would see IO issues between
writing to the DB and to your storage disc.

Some other things you can try:

i) with mythbackend stopped, run something like 'cat /dev/video0 >
mplayer' to display a realtime feed from the PVR card (repeat it for
both inputs) and see if there are any breakups/pauses in the video
stream

ii) check 'cat /proc/interrupts' to see if there may be devices
conflicting with the PVR card.

iii) bring up a terminal and run 'top' whilst recording to see how
your system load varies

iv) are you connecting your receivers to the PVR-500 using only
composite/S-Video video output. As far as I know, the PVR-500 does not
accept RGB video directly.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: