[mythtv-users] Will 0.21 have mytharchive work on frontends?

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:00:35 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:

>  Hi everybody,
>
>  I've started to play with mytharchive a little bit to save some kids shows to
>  DVD.  I'm currently running it on my backend machine (a Pentium III 1 GHz
>  box).
>
>  I would like to run it on my desktop (Core Duo E4400) to speed up transcodes a
>  bit, but its currently set only as a frontend.
>
>  I've read various warnings about mytharchive on frontends using networked
>  drives, and I was wondering if this will change with the soonish to be
>  released version 0.21?
>
>  Mark

You can run mytharchive on a Fontend Machine, just follow these steps
(I've never used .21 but I've heard that this problem has been fixed)
Mount the Video directory on the frontend at the same place as on the backend
Setup a backend process, with no tuners, on the frontend
Then it should work, I have mytharchive copy the files to the frontend
(it's a setting in mytharchive) just make sure you have enought space
on the frontend (I'm not sure if this would affect it or not)

--
It was supposed to be so Easy.