[mythtv-users] User job advice

Jesse Burt genecide at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 19:42:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 10:05 -0800, Kevin Bailey wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:57:15PM -0500, Jesse Burt wrote:
> >
> > I don't know why I hadn't thought of this the first time through but you
> > can also try capturing the audio over the bus instead of piping it
> > through your sound card. Make sure you have the cx88-alsa.ko kernel
> > module loaded and in your MythTV Capture Card setup, change the audio
> > device to that of your HD5500 (if you have one sound card and one
> > capture card it will most likely be /dev/dsp1). Be sure to also set the
> > sampling rate to 48000 Hz in your recording profiles; I believe any
> > other setting with the pcHDTV cards ends up sounding tinny.
>
> Interesting. Can the HD3000 do this ?

Kevin,

Yup...the only one I can't personally attest to is the HD2000, as I
don't own one. I can't remember now which of the 3000 or 5500 it was,
but some units arrived with the audio port disabled (I was one of the
unlucky ones), so if you can't get a device node out of it when the
cx88-alsa driver is loaded then you may have one of them (lspci|grep
'Audio Port' should show if your card has it enabled; if you don't have
a line ending with that then yours is disabled too). There is a utility
a user on the pcHDTV forums created to enable it.

http://www.pchdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1466&highlight=audio+port

Cheers,
Jesse