[mythtv-users] distorted sound (bump)

Joseph Benavidez hasuf at pobox.com
Tue Mar 4 18:05:07 UTC 2008

Well, I'm not sure if this is happening to you, but if for some reason
you try to play a stereo signal and an ac3 signal out of the spdif
output at the same time, the receiver doesn't know how to handle it,
and you get loud distortion... this happens, say, when I'm streaming
internet radio and pull up a video with 5.1 passthrough.

Maybe this will help in your investigations... (I don't however see
the connection btw your problem and the dvd burning.)

Good luck!

j.joseph