[mythtv-users] User job advice

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 4 01:10:35 UTC 2008

Jesse Burt wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 19:51 -0500, Jesse Burt wrote:
>

>> Check your mixer (try alsamixer if you have it) to see if you have a
>> "Line capture" channel or switch. If it does try unmuting or turning it
>> on and muting the separate 'Line in' channel. This should allow audio to
>> be captured from the Line in port without having to hear it on your
>> speakers all the time.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jesse
>>

> I don't know why I hadn't thought of this the first time through but you
> can also try capturing the audio over the bus instead of piping it
> through your sound card. Make sure you have the cx88-alsa.ko kernel
> module loaded and in your MythTV Capture Card setup, change the audio
> device to that of your HD5500 (if you have one sound card and one
> capture card it will most likely be /dev/dsp1). Be sure to also set the
> sampling rate to 48000 Hz in your recording profiles; I believe any
> other setting with the pcHDTV cards ends up sounding tinny.
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse

I have that already.  That module is loaded, and when I click on Analog
Options in there, I have "/dev/dsp" for my audio device, the Audio
Sampling rate limit is 48000, and the "Do not adjust volume" checkbox is
NOT checked.  Could it be as simple as just unplugging the audio cable
from the line in?

Thanks,
Harry