[mythtv-users] Backend hard lock-up

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Mar 3 16:19:01 UTC 2008

I'm not entirely sure if this is, or is not, related to the other thread
titled "Backend crashes all the time"..

Since a scheduled reboot on Sunday morning, I've experienced several
hard lock-ups of my back end system.  It could happen anywhere from 10
minutes to 7 hours after the reboot.  I initially suspected the
motherboard (purchased in November, no problems until now) until I saw
that other thread.  Although, I am not sure if that other thread applies
since I'm running with 0.20.2 via ATrpms.

WAF factor took a nose dive, unfortunately, because of this, and I am
not sure where else to look (hard drives check out, as does the RAM
(swapped it with another stick) and processor (swapped that, too)).  I'm
worried, though, that I will end up getting another motherboard (waiting
X number of days for delivery, limping along) and experiencing the same
issue.  Although, I don't want to put off buying the hardware if,
indeed, it is the hardware. :(

Any recommendations for a decent motherboard with the following minimum
requirements?
AM2
3 PCI slots
onboard video