[mythtv-users] Things I've learned from mythtv-users

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Mon Mar 3 12:15:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-03 at 07:06 -0500, steve wrote:
> |> Backend:             Quad-core Xeon 1.6GHz, 6.6TB sw RAID 6
> |
> | Can I have this when you're done with it?
>

> lol, yeah i second that, insane overkill, you help launch the space
> shuttle through some kind of cluster or something with that?

Hey, I have a dual quad-core Xeon (5300 Clovertown) 2.66 MHz, 16 GB of
quad-channel FBD-RAM, 4x 73-GB 15k RPM SAS drives in RAID 0+1 on a
PERC5i controller, dual nVIDIA quadro FX 4500 video in SLI system.

What am I doing with it?

Not much, really. At least nothing that makes me use its resources fully
for any length of time.

Isn't that a shame?

Nico