[mythtv-users] sound problems

matt lutz myth.matt.lutz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 04:01:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 10:36 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2008, at 7:23 PM, matt lutz wrote:
>

> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Brad DerManouelian <
> myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:24 PM, matt lutz wrote:
> >
> > > I do have that... says "opening OSS audio device 'dev/dsp1'"...
> > > that might be a place to check though... Does Xine use OSS?
> >
> > It does if you tell it to.
> >
> > xine -A oss
> >

> hmm.. any other program I use, the audio is okay (whether I specify alsa
> or oss).  It's just Myth that's having problems.  As I said before, AC3 &
> DTS passthrough are fine, it's just regular SD stereo sound that's jacked
> up.  Anyone have any ideas?
>

> It might be the resolution of the audio in your recordings. Try setting
> the sample rate to 48000 and see if that helps.
>
> -Brad

Brad,

I really appreciate your help.  Actually, my last post is a bit incorrect.
mplayer seems to have the same problem as myth, but VLC is fine, whether I
use alsa or oss.  Strange.

as for the sample rates... I don't think it's the recordings, because my
other frontends play the same recordings back without a problem, and this
previously worked... something in the last week has caused some kind of a
problem.

Matt