[mythtv-users] QAM Decrypt?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Mar 2 20:26:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 02, 2008 at 12:53:14PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:
> > In the long run, it subverts the Rule Of Law and will eventually lead
> > to the Second American Revolution.
>
> Not sure I'd go that far. One must pick which ditch you are wiling to
> die in, and I don't think I would be willing to take up arms in order
> to watch a crappy movie.

Yes, but that's not my point.

We make more and more things *illegal* at the behest of corporations,
which people are going to do anyway (violating Juvenals quote, found on
the doorsill of the Supreme Court, IIRC: "The will of the people is the
highest law"), and the outcome of this is that people become less and
less concerned about laws, generally.  It's a very long slow process,
but I see evidence that it has, in fact, been happening.

It's inevitable, really, once the people we elect to govern us cease to
be hardcore about ethics, rule of law, and the Constitution...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Joseph Stalin)