[mythtv-users] Unable to control a DCT700 cable box

Walker zflyer at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 16:00:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Douglas Hitchcock
<clarkaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a dupe from the lirc list, but I'm desperate here!

FWIW,

I have a simple serial irblaster and a DCT700 STB.  I recently
reinstalled my mythtv server, moving from Gentoo to Debian 4.0r2,
which required compiling lirc to add serial support.  My first attempt
left me with a lircd that accepted commands but would not communicate
with the STB (I couldn't verify if there was a signal present or not).
 I compiled lirc again, changed the build option 'software carrier' to
on, which fixed my problem.

The one annoyance of the DCT700, as you mentioned, is the inability to
send it a '0' (zero).  For that, a script work-around is needed,
unless someone out there has found a working lirc configuration.