[mythtv-users] MythVideo won't use anything but internal player

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Sun Mar 2 02:21:22 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2008, at 6:00 PM, Brian Phillips wrote:
>
>> I have changed the player command to what it says here:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/VLC
>>
>> Namely
>>
>> Vlc file://%s vlc:quit
>>
>> But when I select a movie to watch in Mythvideo, it still uses the
>> internal player (Which can't play DVD isos without stuttering.
>> Mplayer can handle them fine, but I'd like vlc).
>
> Did you also uncheck the "Use Default Player" box for the file types
> you are trying to play?

Negative.  I hadn't delved too much into that screen.  I just went to
"Player settings" and changed the box that said "Internal" to vlc blah blah.
I thought that was all I had to do.

I just went to the file types menu and it was all there.  I changed the
command for iso file types, the checkbox for default player was unchecked
already.  It now loads vlc correctly.

Thanks for pointing that out.  Though it seems like it's a little
counterintuitive and could be implemented to be more user friendly.  I
really do like the idea of having a different player for different file
types though.  Though it seems like that should all be placed under "Player
Settings"... Oh well now I know.

Thanks

Brian