[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

eric freak4uxxx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 17:00:54 UTC 2008

Brian Wood wrote:
> On Feb 28, 2008, at 10:13 PM, Chris Ribe wrote:
>

>> For the record, I didn't chime in on the "to newegg/not to newegg"
>> subthread  in the other thread,  but as far as I'm concerned, if
>> newegg doesn't sell it, it doesn't exist.
>>
>> A search for "ECC RAM" turned up 6 hits, none of which were actually
>> ecc ram but were devices containing it. Some hits were devices that
>> had "non-ecc ram", thus the hit. So I guess ecc ram DIMMS do not exist
>> as separate items?

Not to be a jerk but...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010170541+1052607868&Configurator=&Subcategory=541&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc=
Went to newegg -> hardware -> memory -> server memory -> advanced search
-> ECC Memory = Yes

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I have to go with the masses on
this one.  Newegg has always had (new) stuff cheaper than anywhere else
I've looked.  Granted, I'm also in the category that stopped looking a
while ago because of that and realizes things may have changed.

my $0.02
Eric