[mythtv-users] Advice on getting best archive quality?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Mar 1 03:36:44 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 2:43 PM, Corey Wirun wrote:

> Thanks Brad!  How much reasonably should bitrate be bumped up (in
> the recording profile)?  And where is the mpeg2->mpeg2 profile you
> mention?

I use a bitrate of 6000 and max of 8500 and I'm happy with that
quality. YMMV. I can be pretty picky about how something looks and I
have 3.2TB of storage so I don't have to worry about it.
Actually, I think the mpeg2 cutting profile will be in 0.21 when it's
released. This might have been added after 0.20 was released. Sorry
about that, but it's a very compelling reason to upgrade. :)
You might be able to run a manual (or scripted user job) ffmpeg
command to get what you need but someone else would have to help you
with that.