No subject

Sat Jun 21 03:26:05 UTC 2008

on the GPU with linux, correct?

Given that, am I wasting my money if I get a GeForce 8200 mGPU?
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=dcb89dffc0b4bbb33dd7da8b79baa6e5&t=990188
Due to nvidia closed source drivers, is that board even reasonably usable on
linux?

Otherwise, it looks like the cheaper
http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B000ZN2VQ8/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_helpful?_encoding=UTF8&coliid=&showViewpoints=1&colid=&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending
would be a good choice.
Since it's intel, it probably has linux support all around.

Do people have experience with either for mythtv on linux?
1080p/HDMI support working?

Are intels and AMDs more or less on par for low power consumption and quiet
systems nowadays?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/