[mythtv-users] Status Update on SageTV HD Extender STX-HD100?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Jun 30 16:33:29 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 09:14:14AM -0700, Steve Heistand wrote:
> I have the hd-pvr hooked to my mythtv machine and it handles
> the files flawlessly as well without coreavc. not sure what cpu the appletv
> has but they claim 720p h264 support just fine.

jedi at magenta:/proc$ more cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 13
model name	: Genuine Intel(R) processor              1.00GHz
stepping	: 8
cpu MHz		: 1000.110
cache size	: 2048 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx up est tm2
bogomips	: 2002.13
clflush size	: 64

The videocard is supposed to be a mobile NV 7300

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation G72M [Quadro NVS 110M/GeForce Go 7300] (rev a1)

> my machines 3.0 core 2 duo and old 8600 nvidia card
> does 720p hd-pvr files without issues.  1080 files it
> cant do. not sure if its hardware related or the fact
> my tv is a 720 so my X resolution is 1280x720 and
> the conversion from 1080 to 720 is too much while
> trying to decode h264 files.

Well... shortly I can tell everyone how it does with 720x480 h264.

A good chunk of my DVD collection has been converted to h264.

I will also be able to report on OTA HD.