[mythtv-users] Can't see thumbnails in mythweb for recordingsofCIFS share

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Mon Jun 30 16:07:02 UTC 2008

On June 29, 2008 at 2:31PM, Gabe Rubin wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
>> On Sunday 29 June 2008 12:05:13 Gabe Rubin wrote:

>>> Can I take you up on that offer?
>>>
>First, apologies for sending this to the full list.  I intended to only
send
>it to Shawn, but accidentally left the list in the to field

<< snip >>

I have replied to Gabe offlist with detailed instructions on how to get a
mythtv linux box to talk to a Windows server via NFS. This is really the
preferred way to connect as a bug in CIFS causes issues with the
mythweb/upnp thumbnails being created. If anybody else is interested in the
instructions, I can post them to the wiki or if it is felt to be
inappropriate for the wiki, I'll post them to my blog and leave a link in
the mailing list archives.

Shawn Flynn