[mythtv-users] Choppy playback with XvMC and OSD

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Mon Jun 30 01:55:47 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 9:47 PM, Matt Nelson <matt at frozenatom.com> wrote:

> I assume you all have read this part of the wiki?  "If your on screen
> display is greyscale, then XvMC is working and you are using the softblend
> OSD. If you are experiencing performance issues related to the OSD (on
> screen display), disabling the OSD fade will improve this greatly. You can
> also try using the Chromakey OSD"
>

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/XvMC#Obtaining_XvMC_capable_drivers_for_your_chipset

I believe the wiki has more information on the Chromakey OSD fix. With
nvidia 4xxx and 5xxx series there is a Chromakey hack that will give you a
color OSD and fix the stutering issue. However, the feature that is
exploited in the hack isn't available on on 6xxx and newer cards. I have it
working on a fx5200 card. If you really care you could get a different video
card that supports that hack.