[mythtv-users] Screensaver disabling

Andreas linuxdreas at launchnet.com
Sat Jun 28 08:14:54 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2008 17:20:12 schrieb Andrew Berry:
> Do you have to do anything specific to make it wake up from the
> screensaver when using LIRC? I ended up disabling xscreensaver because
> it wouldn't wake up when I pressed a button on the remote.

In your lircrc, you bind a key on your remote to the command that turns the
screensaver off, for example:

begin
        prog = irexec
        button = SELECT
        config = "xscreensaver-command -deactivate &"
end

The program irexec must already be running (see man irexec). I use s small
script to start it with my KDE session. (located in $HOME/.kde/Autostart):

#! /bin/sh
killall irexec > /dev/null 2>&1
xscreensaver-command -exit
xscreensaver &