[mythtv-users] Myth 0.21 & Comcast (Oakland, CA USA)

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:53:37 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 10:52 AM, Steve Heistand <steve at heistand.org> wrote:
> as for QAM you are looking at the local channels in HD, a couple
> of minor cable channels but mostly garbage.
> comcast's HD PVR box however outputs all channels over the
> firewire port which mythtv reads just nicely.
> search google for the dch3416 channel changer script
> and plug in the cable box.  so make sure your new box has a
> firewire input :)

Are you in the east bay?  I know the Comcast HD STB (non-PVR) slaps
the 5c flag on anything except what you can get OTA here, and even
sometimes on those as well.  But I have never messed around with the
HD PVR.

Is there a reason, logical, legal, or otherwise, why they would put
the 5c flag on the non-PVR box, but not on the PVR box?