[mythtv-users] Commercials? (was Re: hauppauge mediaMVP front end)

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Jun 26 19:49:48 UTC 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 12:12 PM, mythtv at corwyn.net wrote:

> Okay, one quirk. When I watch things directly from the Myth frontend
> my commercials are (generally) cut out/skipped. when i watch from the
> Media MVP they are not.
>
> What can I do to make the commercials cut out when I watch from the
> Media MVP?

Load the commercial marks as a cutlist and transcode the program
honoring the cutlist.
(E)dit the recording, (Z) convert commflag marks as cutpoints.

If you do this in an automated way (you're smart enough to look up the
commands for this), you risk losing parts of your program where the
automatic commercial detection failed to accurately determine the in/
out points of the commercials.

-Brad