[mythtv-users] Mythgame Questions

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Jun 26 16:35:25 UTC 2008

>> I'm trying to get mupen64 going on my mythbuntu mythbox with
>an nvidia
>> 7300lt.
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. How do I make the video/game screen area fit my
>television? I am using
>> the 480p profile and it gives me a 720x480 resolution, but
>only 640x480 is
>> visable, so in myth, I am able to use the settings to place
>the mythwindow
>> where it needs to be, but in mupen64, there is not this
>option. Is there a
>> way to have my xorg config file fit to screen somehow, and
>then I'd just
>> tell myth to fit to screen?
>>
>> 2. How do I get sound working? Seems to want oss, but
>mythbuntu only seems
>> to have alsa.
>>

>I'm definitely interested in the second question, because I have the
>same issue (except with Gentoo).

I believe I have found the answer to my second queston. It is to install the
Alsa-oss package. I am going to do a complete backup of my entire system
before I attempt this because I've found that in linux, you don't mess with
the sound. I have lost the sound in the past and had to start fresh again
because nobody on forums could find solutions. So after my backup, I'll try
this and then post back.

As for the first issue, I'm beginning to think I will just have to run
windows to do it because my 7300 doesn't seem to be able to output component
cables to my tv at a resolution I can select. It only wants to do 720x480 in
linux (or one of the other HD profiles like 720p or 1080i).
-Steve