[mythtv-users] OSX: Video display is zoomed despite settings.

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:20:58 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM, TJ Harris <tjharris at weaselworkz.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:18 PM, TJ Harris <tjharris at weaselworkz.com> wrote:
> I just grabbed the latest 0.21-fixes from svn, and it is now displaying fine.
> I guess my previous version must have been one from early in the release cycle.
> I built it via osx-packager.pl,  and it didn't require any special
> patching to get MMX working.  I'm using the latest iPhone SDK,  gcc
> version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250).    With this build,
> my CPU usage is as low as ever.  With previous builds
>  I struggled to get the same performance as with 0.20.   Now, I can do
> 1080i HD playback with commflag running on my Core Duo 1.66GHz Mini.
Glad you were able to fix your display problem with this build.  I
wish there were some way we could track what is getting fixed and
broken for the OSX frontend in svn.
Were you able to build 0.21-fixes without making any changes to
osx-packager.pl?  I find I have to run the script and wait for it to
die just before compiling myth.  Then I have to go into
/src/myth-svn/mythtv/configure and comment out the lines that check
(in the wrong place, I guess) for Qt and Lame libraries (they get
downloaded by osx-packager.pl into /build/lib/).  Are you able to
compile without doing this?

Also, it seems that in mythvideo, ISO file playback is now broken.  Do
you have any ISO's that you can test?