[mythtv-users] Mythweb can't find videos from Mythvideo

Joe Ripley vitaminjoe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 15:12:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:34 AM,  <george.smith at arcor.de> wrote:
> Just in case the following additions to my problem description help:
> The directory where my videos reside is a local filesystem on the backend.
> mysql> select filename from videometadata;
> yields the following as expected.
> /media/myth1/video/Power Of Myth 1 Of 6.avi
> Why does mythweb seem to look for video files in
> /mythweb/data/video
> instead of
> /media/myth1/video

The '/mythweb/data/video' directory should be a symlink to the real
MythVideo directory.  i.e.

Make sure your '/mythweb/data/' directory is writable by the user
Apache runs under.  MythWeb needs write access in the data directory
to generate preview pixmaps and store cached weather information.

Joe Ripley
vitaminjoe at gmail.com