[mythtv-users] Audio/video sync problems with some YouTube videos on Mythstream

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 13:03:11 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

I'm running Mythbuntu 8.04, and have been having some problems
watching YouTube videos.  On initial install, the videos wouldn't play
at all, but I've dealt with that by using the fix posted here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/+bug/223781

Now I have an issue in that for many YouTube videos, the audio is
several steps ahead of the video.  To give some examples;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1JYqI0NfUg  works fine, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQL_t_sjL4c does not.

Anyone know what might be the cause of this?  Is there anything I can
do from my end?

Other relevant info: after installing, I switched my sound driver from
PulseAudio to Alsa (was unable to control the volume properly with
Pulse).

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine