[mythtv-users] hauppauge mediaMVP front end

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jun 26 03:04:50 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 25 June 2008 20:01:54 mythtv at corwyn.net wrote:
> I just have to say that the Media MVP by Hauppauge and the marvelous
> code for the  MediaMVP Media Center (mvpmc) are just spectacular.
>
> $40 on ebay and about 20 minutes of configuring my MythTV server, and
> I've got a functioning fanless MythTV frontend.  Great enough I
> immediately went out and purchased a second for the other TV.
>
> And all brought to me by MythTV.
>
> Wow. Great work.

Agreed, they are great, especially for a second set, bedroom set etc. For the
living room I prefer a more "full-featured" frontend, but that's me.

You also get a working remote, and, as you say, for less than you would spend
for just the RAM in a conventional frontend.

I'm waiting for something similar to come along that will do HD, either by
design or a jeeped device designed for something else. I guess the Mac Mini
or possible the Apple TV are the closest so far, but they are still pricey.

beww