[mythtv-users] [OT] MythWeb site icon and Firefox 3

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 25 06:29:42 UTC 2008

So, has anyone else noticed how the Firefox team's choice of colors for
the Identity Button in Firefox 3/Minefield seems tailor-made for
MythWeb?  The Identity Button contains the site icon within a background
that's either gray (no identity information), blue (basic identity
information), or green (complete identity information) (see
http://www.dria.org/wordpress/archives/2008/05/06/635/ ).

Since any MythWeb user whose MythWeb site is accessible over the
Internet*** should have HTTPS enabled (to protect the password during
transmission) and since virtually none will have an Extended Validation
Certificate (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Validation_Certificate )--which is
required for a green background--the background should be blue.

While I'm not a graphic artist, I'd have to say it looks pretty good
with the MythWeb UI color scheme used by the default template.  As a
matter of fact, it bears a striking resemblance to the button used to go
to the TV module of MythWeb (the button just a bit below and to the
right of the Identity Button).

http://imagebin.ca/view/efuY-6Hy.html

Mike

*** Actually, IMHO, anyone who has authentication enabled--i.e. who is
transmitting a password or password-equivalent (with DIGEST auth) over
any network--should have HTTPS enabled.