[mythtv-users] uPNP sources wrong IP address

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 23:20:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>>> Via what method? HTTP? SMB?
>
>> Myth has a built-in HTTP server.  That's how you can use
>>
>> http://<hostname>:6544/
>
> :)
>
> Forgot about that.. So uPNP wants to be able to stream via that port..
> I'll play with it some more when I get home.

It seems then that the way this is set up then your network traffic is
doubled, ie the SBE accesses the file over NFS and then streams it to
the Vista machine. It therefore seems better if the uPnP software
should give out the address of the actual box where the data is held,
rather than where it was recorded.