[mythtv-users] CX18/HVR-1600: Difficulty loading firmware with IVTV

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jun 24 20:46:36 UTC 2008

Scott Kidder wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, Brian.  I checked the priority of the 'mythbackend' init
> script and saw that it's set to boot at K14.  This is probably a little
> sooner than it ought to be:
>
> [scott at eowyn rc3.d]$ pwd
> /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
> [scott at eowyn rc3.d]$ ll *myth*
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 2008-06-21 08:30 K14mythbackend ->
> ../init.d/mythbackend
>
> I'll try renaming the symlink to something like S95mythbackend so that it
> starts later.  My wife has asked for another 24 hours without me tweaking
> the Myth box, so I check it out after that time has passed ;)  Besides, it's
> working smoothly for me in the meantime.

K14 isn't a boot script, it's a shutdown script (hence the 'K'). You need to
only look for scripts that start with an 'S'.

If the init process sees that the first character is an 'S' it passes 'start' to
the linked script, if it sees a 'K' it passes a 'stop' parameter. You can rename
the symlink to lower-case 's' or 'k' to get the effect you require.

--

Mike Perkins