[mythtv-users] Apple Trailer Downloader

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jun 24 19:42:21 UTC 2008

On 06/24/2008 02:34 PM, John Payne wrote:
> I really liked the Myth Apple Trailers 'plugin' but I wanted to see
> plot, cast, rating etc in the basic display, before I started the actual
> trailer.

Speaking of which, has anyone actually checked to see if such scripts
are allowed? It seems from the Apple Terms of Service (
http://www.apple.com/legal/terms/site.html ) linked from
http://www.apple.com/trailers/ that it's not allowed:

Your Use of the Site
You may not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or
other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any
similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or
monitor any portion of the Site or any Content, or in any way reproduce
or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or
any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or
information through any means not purposely made available through the
Site. Apple reserves the right to bar any such activity.

Did anyone actually contact Apple to request permission?

Mike