[mythtv-users] uPNP sources wrong IP address

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Jun 24 19:18:38 UTC 2008

> Why? I would assume if I was browsing the SBE via uPNP I'd get files

 The Master Backend is the master information source and returns info on all
recorded files including the URL to access them. If the file was recorded
by a slave then the master will include the slave in the URL for the
slave to feed it to you.

> the files are stored on the MBE. Can I override that behavior? The SBE
> has no horsepower, and is only a tuner box. Not where I want to stream

 No, it's not optional without code changes, and takes basically 0 cpu. Its
just serving a file and that takes no effort.