[mythtv-users] Processor Minimum Specs

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:51:34 UTC 2008

> i'm still working on this myself :)  but i think i can lend a hand.
> the 'recommended minimum' processor for HD is currently an Intel
> Core2Duo @ 2.5GHz.  i say 'recommended minimum', but i don't think
> that that's actually stated anywhere.  that's just what i've gleaned

I'd also like to hear about the AMD procs. I have been an AMD guy for a
while and while I'm not totally loyal I have had good results and am pretty
price sensitive at this point. I would expect to be using 2 - 3 Hard drives.
all IDE. I have a 500 GB on my desk I never opened from a while back. and
will use it and my main drive on my current machine for recordings in LVM.