[mythtv-users] Comcast to drop analog cable

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jun 24 03:35:35 UTC 2008

On Monday 23 June 2008 21:02:29 Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/23/2008 10:13 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> > I found that getting a "business account" from the local cable company is
> > worth the slight additional charge. I get 24/7 service, no port blocking
> > and no double-secret download limit.
> >
> > At least here they seem to have a bad attitude towards "residential" data
> > customers but they realize business accounts are important to them and
> > really seem to try and keep them up.
> I just wish they'd give some kind of pricing estimate without your
> having to first contact them.  After all, shouldn't I be able to just
> look up pricing (or at least base pricing) on their website, like I can
> for residential service?

Yes, it should be that way, but then some sales-person would have to figure
out what to do with the time he or she plans to spend giving you the sales

But truthfully, there are enough options available that a "rate sheet" would
get complicated, and they want to make sure you are aware of everything they
might try and sell you.

Makes it harder to raise rates too :-)