[mythtv-users] Volume not working in Mythmusic

Owen B. Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Mon Jun 23 02:21:32 UTC 2008

My Myth setup uses ALSA. This works fine for watching videos, but when
I use Mythmusic the volume control doesn't work. I see from searching
the mailing list archives that Mythmusic only works with OSS. But I
found this mailing list post from 2005 which says you can get the
volume working by setting the audio device for Mythmusic to
ALSA:default. I tried that, but the volume still doesn't work.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/164261#164261

Help?