[mythtv-users] two video sources, was Re: EPG for Digitenne radio stations?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 22 14:54:36 UTC 2008

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Jos Hoekstra wrote:
>> With the program me-tv under ubuntu 8.04 I'm able to get epg-data for Tv
>> as well as Radio, so I think it's possible to use some sort of scanner
>> for that.
>> So, yes, Digitenne does deliver EPG-data, and it seems for about 3 days.
>> Maybe some of the DVB-utils might help you in that way :)
>
> With eit logging enabled I see:
>
> 2008-06-18 15:24:03.461 TVRec(5): EIT scanning disabled for all sources
> on this card.
(...)
> 2008-06-18 15:59:04.661 TVRec(2): EIT scanning disabled for all sources
> on this card.
>
> This is on a system with 1 physical DVB-T card/tuner and 7 virtual tuners.
> So, while recording, there should be a free tuner at almost any time.
>
> What is the reason for reporting `disabled`?
> I did follow the info at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/EIT to
> explicitly enable stuff.

Just now (while rebuilding the system) I saw a complaint in the logs
about the videosource not being connected to a card. This could be the
reason for not seeing EPG/EIT.

So I have:

1 DVB-T card with currently 7 virtual tuners.
Attached to the card is a tvgids.nl videosource using tv_grab_nl as grabber.

Then there is the videosource which I called digitenne (yes, the EPG
comes in via the air).
As it looks I cannot attch that videosource to the same card. Real nor
virtual.

The cardinput table has a column with sourceid, but if I change taht one
MythTV will complain some more.

So can it be done?
2 videosources on one physical card and with virtual tuners?

How is it supposed to be done?
Channels also link to the videosource.
So why the double reference?

Or what am I missing?