[mythtv-users] Frontend connection problem

The GUIGuy linux at finalfiler.com
Fri Jun 20 23:48:00 UTC 2008

I am trying to get a separate front end going. There is no backend
installed on the PC for this particular frontend.

I am confident I have set the remote backend parameters correctly. I can
also access the backend from another PC I have configured with a working
frontend.

When I start the mythfrontend from a shell I get

2008-06-21 09:41:45.919 Using runtime prefix = /usr, libdir = /usr/lib
2008-06-21 09:41:46.539 DPMS is active.
2008-06-21 09:41:46.638 Empty LocalHostName.
2008-06-21 09:41:46.638 Using localhost value of <localpc>

OK, so it's telling me there is no "LocalHostName" - is "localHostname"
the same as host name when configuring a front end?

Or maybe someone can tell me where I might have screwed it up?

Thanks

GuiGuy