[mythtv-users] IR blaster problems

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:55:31 UTC 2008

I just got this MCE remote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121002&Tpk=80-121-002
and I'm having problems getting the IR blaster to do anything, though
irsend runs without complaining.

The receiver part works without a hitch.  I've gotten an lirc
configuration file for the remote I'm attempting to blast, and irw
correctly prints out the button presses when I point the real remote
at the receiver.  I've tried both the lirc package that comes with
Ubuntu 7.10, and a freshly  compiled lirc 0.8.3 with the lirc_mceusb2
driver enabled and loaded.

One promising sign is that when I plug the USB cable in to the
receiver, the IR blaster blinks red once, less than a second
afterward.

Are there any other details I might be missing?

-- Tony  brummett at gmail.com