[mythtv-users] Problem with MPGs

Michael Rice mikerice1969 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:19:16 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Most of my MPGs aren't able to fast forward/seek/etc...  This occurs in
> Mythfrontend, MythTV Player.  So, I checked the seek table, rebuilt it,
> etc...
>
> However, if I play the MPG in another program like VLC, even then it doesn't
> know the length of the file, and I can't properly seek/etc...
>
> Thoughts?

I've found a bunch of these in my recordings recently.  When I try to
play them the player thinks they are only 2 minutes 10 seconds long
when they should be an hour.  The files are 6GB so it's certainly
longer than that.  Rebuilding the seek table doesn't improve the
situation.

I ran it though VideoRedo and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I
am still investigating but these were all recorded on my HDHR around
the time the power supply was starting fail.  I guess that's my
leading suspect.